ORLANDO, Fla. (Oct. 24, 2023) — The 2023 regular seasons were historic ones for all three of Orlando’s soccer clubs, with Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride and Orlando City B all having record-setting campaigns this year.
On the Major League Soccer side, City earned the No. 2 overall seed heading into the Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, earning home-field advantage through at least the first two rounds. Orlando Pride, the Club’s National Women’s Soccer League team, earned the most home wins in its nine-year history and tied for the second most wins in the league with 10. Orlando City B clinched its first-ever MLS NEXT Pro Playoffs appearance with forward Jack Lynn winning MLS NEXT Pro MVP, MLS NEXT Pro Best XI and a share of the Golden Boot.
Here's how things shaped out for Orlando City B:
- The Lions clinched the Club’s first-ever berth in the MLS NEXT Pro playoffs, finishing the season with a Club record 13 wins, doubling their win total from the year before.
- Totaled 46 points on the season, a Club-best in MLS NEXT Pro and also a team-high across all previous iterations of OCB.
- City went unbeaten in seven straight home matches to start the season, five of which were wins. It is the best home stretch OCB has ever had.
- Forward Jack Lynn earned MLS NEXT Pro MVP honors, also sharing the MLS NEXT Pro Golden Boot with 19 goals.
- Across the last two seasons, Lynn has scored 34 goals, which is the most all-time in MLS NEXT Pro history.
- Goalkeeper Javier Otero was dominant facing penalties throughout the season. In regulation play, Otero faced 11 penalties, made six saves and only conceded four. The 36% opposition conversion rate was the lowest in the league.